After the news in the dead of night.

Started by Reasey, July 28, 2006, 08:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reasey

He walks well down the road. Perhaps of least resistance, perhaps less traveled by. Or perhaps one without corny metaphors to discuss his growing concerns.

However, whatever the reasons behind, he turns off of Freyr street and onto Main street, slowly walking down along the road as swiftly as his thick legs could carry him towards Bucs Den. Tonight, he stands dangerous and dark. Stark contrast to the daytime Tender of booze and merriment.

And whoever following him, he gathers, had best remain in the dark....
Don't worry I'll put something here.

treyline

Tawny grabs Shakka's arm and puts a finger to her mouth to motion a whisper.

"Shakka my friend, hold on. I know Rease tole me to tell no one, however, if'in he don' return... " she paused a second wondering if what she was about to do would anger Rease or not. Pushing it aside she decided to anyways.

She walked over to where the chest was and retrieved the parchment Looking down at it then back up to Shakka, she handed the parchment  over to her friend.

Tawny reflects on her past while Shakka tis reading. Afterwards, Tawny recounts her past to her newest friend with a few tears in her eyes and tells her that she is not sure she can do all that is asked in the parchment.

"I believe Rease can take care of himself this eve and we need to let him to his own thoughts, but, oh bah again. I am not sure what to do to help!"

Shaking her head she looks over to Shakka and waits for her to respond.....

Shakka

"I already knew what was written here" whispered Shakka as she handed the parchment back to Tawny.  "All we can do is trust Rease, I don't find that hard to do".  But Tawny didn't seem to hear her.  Instead, Tawny began to speak of her past.  Shakka listened, watching the pain and sorrow spread across her friend's face.  She thought a moment or two about Tawny's tale of woe.  She never knew how to respond to such things.  Though she felt compelled to say something, there was no time.  "You'll need to decide quickly and in the meantime destroy that thing" she said, pointing to the parchment in Tawny's hand.  Shakka was feeling more and more anxious by the second.

Shakka gave Tawny one last plaintive look, then turned and headed once again toward the teleporter that would bring her to the first floor.  "I'm going after him, before he finds himself with one too many enemies on his heels".   She hoped this time she was over-reacting, but didn't want to take a chance.  Shakka stepped onto the teleporter....

treyline

Tawny only had time to shake off the feelings of old and quickly threw the parchment into the fire before heading on the heels of Shakka. Plans in place, only time would tell if they would work....

Miri

I waited outside, the shadows hiding me from all eyes and my own hard-learned abilities in stealth and stillness covering my presence from and listening ears.
Clinging to the side of a building had never bothered me in the past and I was glad that I was still capable of scaling even the smoothest surface with no difficulty or sound.  I was disgusted, however, by the way my fingers ached as I hung there.
It had been too long, I berated myself in the depths of my own mind, too long since I had need to use, too long since I had put in any practise.  I was becoming weak.  If I was to do as I had promised to my goddess, then I must scrape back the abilities I had once had.  I must push myself harder, further and faster than ever before.

I heard the two ladies talking quietly and listened in sadness to the tale of woe that Tawny told.  Perhaps, I though in sympathy, she had suffered worse than I, for she had known what she had lost whereas I had been too young when my family was massacred.  She remebered the laughter and tears she had shared with her loved ones.  I did not.

Still, I told myself coldly, I had no time for such feelings now.  Sympathy must wait until my night time mission was done.  When I returned safe to my home, then I could dwell on such things until my very heart wept for her loss, but for now I must embrace the alter-ego I had pushed aside for so long.

My keen ears heard the sound of the two females stepping on a teleport pad.  Now was my chance.

I swiftly swung myself in through the window, my feet touching the floor with not even the slightest sound and made my wayover to the fireplace.  There, as Shakka had advised, Tawny had tossed the parchment.  However, she had not waited to be sure it was destroyed.

Perfect.

Without the slightest fear for my own skin, I pushed my hand into the fire and retrieved the paper.  My years as a spy had taught me to always cover my tracks, and so I quickly took another piece of parchment from my belt pouch and tossed that in place of my prize.  A lack of ashes would be noticed, I knew, but once burned none would know of the switch.

I watched for a moment, ensuring that the paper would catch light, then I turned on my toe and was back out of the window, ready to take up the chase.