The Cult of Malas - Rebirth

Started by KukoShaku, October 11, 2008, 04:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KukoShaku

It is the month of October and Halloween!

What better time to announce the revival of an evil guild!

Cria has taken it upon herself to bring the guild back to life and its former glory! She has also added a few things of her own.

First lets start with an explanation about what the guild is...

The guild is dedicated to evil and all things bad... killing, pillaging, domination, enslaving the weak, procecution of those who oppose the guild and all the other "good" things in the life of evil.

That being said the guild is by nomeans a way for individuals to rampage accross the land... we do that together, or under orders from above (all within the rules of Sylvan).

The guild will run guild only events, hunts, RP storylines and adventures and maybe a quest or two on the side in between things. All of these events carry rewards of either gold, something nice or someones head. Cria will set things up at first, but if things start rolling nicely she'll nominate a keen player to help out with these things. Though all members are encouraged to give suggestions.

During the guild's formal gatherings (such as meetings) all members must wear a black hooded shroud of shadows. Only the member's cape may be of a different colour. Capes signify the persons rank. Outside formal gatherings members can wear anything they like.

Cult of Malas is not limited to a particular race, all who wish to be evil are welcome!

The guild's ranking system and cape colour:

Highest rank [Held by Cria]: Martyr Master (Elder) - RED

Second Highest rank: Martyr - Yellow

Third Highest rank: Destroyer - White

Fourth Highest rank: Marauder - Blue

Fifth Highest rank: Legionnaire - Green

Lowest rank: Meat-shield - Black

All new members start out as Meat-shields (lowest rank). Then through participating in hunts, events and the like... members will be promoted. First by Cria, then by anyone at the Martyr (second highest) rank.

When deciding promotion Cria and Martyrs will speak together and decide who gets promoted. If there are no Martyrs to talk to during promotion Cria will decide on her own.

Another way to be promoted is by doing a special quest for the guild. These quests will be decided upon by Cria.

Anyone who wishes to join the guild must contact anyone from the top three ranks. All new members must prove them selves worthy by participating in an event untill they are promoted to Legionnaire rank. This could be any event, hunts and things also count.

When a Meat-shield gets promoted to Legionnarie rank, they have to go through a ritual. This includes reciting the Guild Code, an incantation and bathe in HATE, DESTRUCTION and TERROR.
This ritual and what to do will be explained later on to new members.

Traitors and those who leave the guild are hunted, killed and have their heads taken for display.

If anyone is wishes to join this guild, please PM Cria in game.

Please post any questions and things about the guild here.

Hope to see you there!

KukoShaku

Just thought i'd update the guild situation.

I've started to deco the guild house. It has now taken on a more reddish look to it  hehehe

over the next few days I'll be adding things to it and i'll put up a message board.

The higher ranking members may add their own quests and things for the lower ranks to complete.

The message board will contain things like upcoming events, guild quests, guilds we're at war with and a bounty or three. Please keep an eye on it when you vist the guild house. Some quests and bounties carry rewards, and those will be posted there as well. :)

All big events and quests will be announced here on the forums as well. Bounties however, will not as they are guild-only info. And its all the more of a surprise for the victim  ;) hehehe

Ah yes, the ph4t l3wt splitting from events/quests/bounties/etc...
looters of slain things and chests will be decided before the event/quest/anything is started. At the end, standard Sylvan loot split procedure applies  :)

Again, i welcome all ideas and suggestions, post em here or PM Cria in game  :D

Corsair Razion

This isn't, by chance, a revival of the cult that dropped books stating intent, and then requested the new initiate [or would be hero] to meet the master in Umbra by the bridge, Eh? O-o;

KukoShaku

KukoShaku

There is now a CoM only quest! Please read about it in the Book of Hate. It is located in the guild house on the second floor. You'll know it when you see it ;) Completing the quest will move you up in rank within the guild :)

Time permitting i will to add more quests and things to do. I'm already planning a few things, but at the moment exams are getting in the way... So many ideas, so little time.

Aesa

Just to clarify... The mob you have to kill for the CoM quest is NOT CoM only.  It can be used for anyone and any guild.  It has no special drops, but has a name and can be carved up to return the head to show that you have indeed killed the mob.  If any other guilds are interested in the whereabouts of this mob just PM me here on the forums and I will show the guild leader where it is.