Character Naming - Again

Started by Admin Acacia, March 27, 2009, 11:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin Acacia

It has been brought to my attention that our naming requirements are not complete enough.  This has always been posted in the Shard Basic section and in the welcoming letter I send to new players.  I had always thought the way it currently is was sufficient.   It has been brought to my attention that it is not.

Currently it reads:   
QuotePlease do NOT name your characters after TV shows, Movie characters, Comic Book characters  No L33t names, d00d type names, or names that would be insulting to other players. CheVyMaN will quickly have his name changed to Bob.  Superman will rapidly become Bob.   IownzJu, will get a free ticket to being Bob.

If we find a name that does not fit with our naming requirements, we will give you the chance to come up with a new name, and will change it for you. We usually contact you when you are in game, if we don't see you on and you log in and find one of your characters named Bob, you will know you need a new name.

I will be changing part of  it to read: Please do NOT name your characters after TV shows, Movie characters, Comic Book characters, Cartoon show characters, or breakfast food. No L33t names, d00d type names, or names referencing drug activities. Do not create a character named with a Staffer name, current or past. 

Staff are not naming police, but we do ask this small favor of you as players. There are many times that we give leeway, because think about  it, how many people in the real world might have your  name?

Never be less than your dreams.

Emayecue

Is that still accurate?

Usually most of my character's name come from something, but sometimes it's very subtle as I don't tend to pick very popular characters... I would not want to have Lucrezia's name changed, now that I've worked her up quite a bit, but all my other characters can be changed without a problem.

Garrick

QuoteStaff are not naming police, but we do ask this small favor of you as players. There are many times that we give leeway, because think about  it, how many people in the real world might have your  name?

Fairly accurate still, but as I quoted we do give leeway.  I see no problem with Lucretzia as a name.

Emayecue

Ok good :) Thanks!

I'll rework the other characters to ensure they have quality names ;)