Shard down

Started by Bronwyn, October 08, 2012, 09:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucian Darkfire

Still down here 8:25 EST.

Aislinn

I love this game. It is wonderful to hear so many others love it too. It being down for a few hours or a day lets us all know how much we have in common.
           Have a wonderful day today, Sylvan.

Llewellyn

Shard host here making contact from my vacation. Had to drive 20 miles to get a data signal on my phone.
Looked into the problem last night when Cypress got ahold of me. Seems like there was a random power drop/loss than cycled the server. When it came back up one of the hard drives reported as having failed. This normally isn't a problem because I have daily backups of the entire server and the saves. However, last night when I was freezing my shebs off trying to remote in via my phone the computer failed to boot back into windows during a restart.

Seeing as I am ~450 miles away there isn't much I can do from here. I am going to see if i can convince a friend to drive 150 miles to my place and physically restart the computer. Barring that I will try and see if i can get my landlord to do it.

This isn't really good news I have, but at least it is an update for you guys. I swear this server knows when I leave for a trip because it has picked those times to have a real problem four times in a row. This is ridiculous....

Sorry guys and We are all working on getting this all back up for you guys.
Llewellyn

Jharnul

That sucks, but it's nobody's fault. Thanks for trying from so far away.

If it helps, I'm game to chip in to pay for your friend's gas and/or a beer ;)
j

Kent

::) Thanks for the update

Iris

your computer sounds like my kids . the moment i get busy doing something, thats the moment they want my attention.

Bronwyn

Sounds like my luck!  Enjoy your vacation, I'm sure they are few and far between.  In the mean time us Sylvan Heart fans will try to maintain our sanity.

~Browny/Jazmyn~

Kent

We need a logo for SH..Something I can make :)

Kent

Right now that would be a broken heart lol

Kent

a forest of hearts ?  how would I make that  ? maybe a tree with hearts for leaves ?  any ideas ??

Jharnul

I always visualized SH as a big tree with its foliage shaped like a heart. With some red coloration from fall (we're in october after all ;)), I think this would look great.
j

Deverox

that sucks, hope it gets sorted out soon...

Festus

haha,,,I just got back thinking I would get an hour or so to play some and set up my macro before the wife arrives with honey do's.  Now i guess i can out think her an try to get em done before she gets home.  Heck, maybe ill make something for dinner and she will be so happy she won't have any honey do's except "cmer hun an ill rub yer back".   :-*

Lucian Darkfire

ROFL! The things we do when our favorite game is down :-D

Cypress

Just an update, looks like it might not be up till the weekend or there abouts, but we're on it. It seems the computer has been put into hibernation so that we cannot get to it remotely.

Sorry about this, and hope to see you all soon,
~ Admin Cypress