corrupted file or...?

Started by Kalysta, May 25, 2015, 04:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalysta

Hello,

I seem to have an issue with the cliloc file. Some things are not named and a vendor menu (stable master) does not give the option "stable". Instead it gives an error megaClicloc whatever that is.  :(
Perhaps this has a simple solution.  Anyone around that can help here ?

Thank you
ciao!

jugoson254

Talitha

try to contact Cypress ingame.  Yes there is a fix for it.  I have heard of some people getting that error in the past.

Talitha

also if you type Cliloc in the search window you will find a fix I believe. 

Kalysta

The search gave no results :(

Meanwhile I installed Razor and got the following message when I ran it:

"Razor was unable to locate a suitable cliloc file. Some text may not be displayed"

Perhaps I will need to reinstall the whole thing...
well not before Cypress reacts on it like proposed.

Thanks
Ciao!

Cypress

No need to reinstall anything. That is a common error with Razor and the custom way that Sylvan is installed (It doesn't install in the normal UO directory). There's a registry fix for it that I can help you with if you like. Just meet up with me in game, and we can see what we can do :)

Knossos

I'm pretty sure in Razor you can add clients and select a "client.exe".  It's been ages, but you shouldn't have to go into the registry. :)

Cypress

Yes, you can do that, but for some reason Razor still has that issue. I'm not sure why, but fixing the registry seems to be the trick. If you would rather not fix it, it's annoying heh, but leaving it that way shouldn't affect the game that much I don't think.

Kalysta

well...I like simple solutions (or non solutions) so I think I go for the idea of living with it :D

Thank you all for the effort.

If some thing serious comes up from this I'll cry for help again. :)

Ciao!

PS: I am not a computer savvy so I wouldn't even try to melddle with this registry thing.