The Return...

Started by MacMasterMC, December 17, 2006, 12:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMasterMC

(Part One)
Adrift in a vast empty space, drifts one unconscious. After many seasons have passed, this one awakens. Looking about, it becomes aware that there is nothing around it, not even land-simply emptiness. Unexpectedly a voice speaks to the mind of this one, puzzling them.
"You awaken now. How do you feel?"
They know nothing is around them physically, and are also aware that it was in the mind where the voice spoke, and so for a moment doesn't respond, being content to take it all in.
"Do you know what happened?"
Finally the one speaks.
"To be honest, I find myself at a loss to understand how it is that I came to be here..."
"That would be expected...when considering the power of the magic that was used."
"What are you speaking-well, talking-", they break off, attempting to find the right words, "-regardless, what are you referring to?"
"Do you recall anything at all? It has been a very long time that you have been adrift..."
The one pauses a moment, considering what he remembers.
"I remember a beautiful young woman, something about her that keeps her in my mind...there was some kind of...", they pause while recollecting, "...purity...I believe is why I remember her. And also that somehow we were close...But aside from that, I cannot remember much else. Though I do remember being surrounded by some malevolent force...I still shudder to think of it..."
"Do you remember what that evil was?"
"I...am not sure...I feel as if it was a part of me, and yet at the same time, something that did not belong..."
"Try to remember they young woman. Do you recall her features?"
Pondering a moment, an image comes to mind.
"Yes! She was attired in many garbs of varying colors, but whiteness seems to remain in my mind, though I don't ever recall seeing her in that. In fact, It seems to me that she had blue eyes, as deep as the sea, and long flowing hair, she was very fair to say the least...Bel...Bela-something..."
"Good! You are remembering then. I will share something with you. This young lady you speak of-she is your sister."
The man pauses for a moment, considering the voice's statement, then inquires, "That feels like it is correct. But how would you know? Whom am I speaking to?"
"I know because I know far more than you realize. As far as the answer to your second question, you could not grasp that at this time."
"Why do you say that?"
"Because your knowledge doesn't yet even have an awareness of me. As of now, you are not able to know. You will at some point. How soon will be determined by you. For the present time, know that you cannot remain here. You have only been able to stay until you regained consciousness, though that was prolonged for certain reasons. You will be returning from whence you have come, but know this-you now have a choice before you. When you arrive, you will recall all that you now have difficulty remembering. But you will have full recollection of our conversation as well, and thus you will face a choice-one that will have consequences for you for the remainder of your entire existence."
"Why did this occur? Why was I taken here from where I had been? And why do I feel like this form is not mine, as if I was not even a man?"
"While you have many questions, I cannot answer them for you at this time. Some will be revealed when you return, and some you will only discover in time. Just remember to trust Belanarra-trust your sister, and know that she is not capable of doing you any harm, but only aiding you, and that, whether or not you understand it, this was for your good."
"I see, or at least I think I do. Will I see her again? Or speak to you again?"
"You will, though not like you remember her. She is different. Again, that you will learn in time, as well as the reason for it. She has a special permission as a result of her actions and desires in your behalf. As to whether you will speak to Me again or not-you will be making that choice. But you will not recognize it as such at the time. Just remember that you are the master of your choices. No-one else can determine that for you-even if they claim to be able to. You will decide what happens to you. Your time here runs short. You will be leaving soon, to go back to where you came from."
"Will I be different when I go back?"
"Yes."
"Why?
"As a direct result of your previous choices, your original form and state of mind, which you are currently in, are not what you are now. Whether or not you can even return is not certain. If you truly desire to regain it, you may be able to. Beyond that I cannot share more."
"Well, I thank you for answering the questions of mine that you have. I suppose I need to return now."
"Yes."
"Very well then. Whenever-"
But he was unable to finish.
Suddenly with a whoosh, he started moving through the air at high speed, going so swiftly he couldn't determine how quickly he was moving. The speed he was going was enough to dizzy him, however, and he lost consciousness shortly afterward.