Marketvale Growth

Started by Isalentia, February 21, 2007, 05:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isalentia

“Alek it’s time” Isalentia yelled from the kitchen as she was setting various items into their riding knapsack.  It would not be a far travel there to the militia meeting but on the way home she and Alek might want to snack on something to keep their hunger subdued before she’d make dinner.

The stable men had prepared their steeds and mysteria Isalentia’s horse seem to be still in pain since her last travels in yew when a demonic being bashed her poor animal hard in the legs. Isalentia contemplated on riding her but the horse needed to work its muscles or it would certainly stiffen and heal the wrong way.

Lightly the trotted down the thriving green landscape, taking liberties to see few new houses being built, an the tree’s which held mysterious creatures yearning for them both to come closer so their fiendish appetite would leach outwardly to capture them. Alek was observant of such matters and kept his keen eye allowing no necessary harm to befall the Countess. 

When arriving in Marketvale were the previous castle once stood and a new foundation laid out took residence. The Marketvale General, Rayne Hunter stood upon her mount taking precedence over the already gathered militia members.

“Let me welcome you to the first militia meeting ..” Rayne’s voice did herald over those who were talking amongst themselves.  Isalentia at that time allowed Alek to step forward and take position near the General, seeing he was part of the militia and she was not, accept she was asked personally by Rayne to attend the meeting so that it will be rightfully documented, and worded specifically for the town’s normal newsletter.

Isalentia wore her best official attire as not to be to distracting, and she noticed that Rayne had also taken liberties to redefine her stature through her clothing. In a General fashion as not to impose femininity but more prestigious in rank; giving Isalentia a comforting awareness Rayne took pride in her position and it was not frivolous.

Though the meeting was not held in the wall-less foundation castle it was then moved to the tavern were seating was available and giving Rayne that equality stance before them all and liberate them from fairs of not being protected during the time of reorganization within the Marketvale community.  Even Isalentia held some concerns over what will be expected in the chain of command since Vendim left little word, or documentation of who did what when he left position. 

Feather pen and piece of parchment was laid upon the tavern table and with quick dabs the feather pen’s tip was inked. This allowed the ink to solidify down its shape and Isalentia began to use her calligraphy to write out brief jots of what took place in the meeting.   

Information within her written document would be archived as minutes. So that if any solider, or ranking offer needed to look back this would be a proper outline of what was spoken and what order the conversation was established.  Rayne stood proud in her foreign duties; Isalentia could sense she thought hard upon her statements. Clearly what she spoke of made the men and woman of the Marketvale militia extremely excited to participate in the new direction she was leading them.

Many stayed behind to speak to her one on one, since so many hands arose to ask questions afterwards. Others felt more secure being able to talk to Rayne on a personal level without being interfered.  Isalentia respected that privacy as she began to gather up the parchments with her writings. Each page was rolled up and placed in her back in a protective manner so they wouldn’t be squished in the ride.

Isalentia and Alek road home but as they passed thru the door they took to doing their own thing. As he was in a set mind to mark ruins she on the other hand was finishing adjusting few details to the foyer. However, before she was about to start there was an abrupt knock on the door. Her sea-green eyes darted down the hall way, assuming that Alek would have looked to answer in case it was someone he was anticipating. Yet, Alek didn’t come out of the storage room so Isalentia set aside her decorating ambitions for later and answered the door.

A young man stood before her at the door. He cleared his voice, it was a serious tone.

“Countess Isalentia?” He inquired.

“Yes..” she replied.

“Message for you Countess,” his eyes lowered towards his left side were a bag dangled from his side. He retrieved a missive and passed it off to her.

Isalentia received a parchment with a sealed stamp upon it. Within it was an embedded marking of the Hunter ring and Isalentia took the initiative to break it apart.  The wax seal broke off and upon it was the etchings of ink writing and she took a moment to read what was stated:

Countess Isalentia-

I would like to talk to you about increasing some of your duties.  I have some jobs for you that you might enjoy doing.

Rease Hunter

It was vague but it piqued the Countess interest so she took liberties to sit at her writing desk. Feather pen was taken into the patrician hand and eloquently she wrote her correspondence.

Monsignor Hunter --

Your missive has come to my attention and I'm very interested to learn what more duties you have considered to give me.  I assure you that I will met them with haste as I have with the others you've assigned me. 

I look forward to your response back detailing what you have in mind.

Best Regards,
Countess Isalentia Bathory
MarketVale Town Official

Parchment was rolled up and carefully she placed a forest green ribbon around it to tie it before using wax to seal it. Her signa ring was pressed against the hot wax and carefully she let it dry.   When the time was right she let the missive be handed to a courier.

"Take this to the Hunter estates with haste...." Isalentia stated to the rider.