Strength of Compassion (by Nessa)

Started by Janzabo, June 26, 2007, 09:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janzabo

Well I just started today, so I haven't been able to talk alot with others or develop my character or whatever... but I saw those books in the meadow written by people, and since I was bored, I thought I would write my own.  Anyhow, why are those books there on the pedestals? Because I'd like to put my book somewhere where alot of people can read it (my house, if all else fails).  I'll post a copy of what's written in it here if anyone wants to read it. It's a book written by my character Nessa about the virtue compassion, because she's an aspiring knight of compassion.

Strength of Compassion

by Nessa Eledhwen

(page 1)

"Through Compassion we gain Unity...

through Unity we gain Strength...

Evil lacks unity and, thus, strength."

(page 2-3)

-What is Compassion?

Some say we all have a sense of compassion toward our fellow kin.  Often times, our keenness to this sense determines how "good or evil" someone is.  Compassion is shown through the selfless aid of others.  When our kin are in need of help, it is our duty to assist.  Through these selfless acts one can show their compassion.

(page 4-5)

-Compassion and Unity

When one does a good deed for another, often times, expected or not, they are rewarded.  But above all tangible goods is another, priceless reward...trust.  By doing good deeds for another, one gains trust.  By gaining their trust, they can gain their aid.  Helping each other and creating bonds is what unity is about.

(page 6-7)

-Unity and Strength

There are times when a task is too great for one person alone.  Through unity, we gain the ability to work together toward a common goal.  Combining the strength of the many creates a strength surpassing any other.  Through unity, we create the bonds to help each other through the impossible.

(page 8-9)

-Evil and Compassion

Evil lacks compassion.  When they need something done, they rely on their own strength.  They ignore their sense of compassion and refuse to aid others in need.  Without the aid of others, they must rely on their own strength, and, therefor, their own limits.

(page 10-11)

-Evil and Unity

Evil lacks the compassion to build trust.  Their self-centered ways often lead to turmoil within their own ranks.  Power-hungry minions will kill their own lords for a chance at power.  Without trust, evil leads itself down a perilous path of self-destruction.

(page 12-13)

-Evil and Strength

There will always be tasks too difficult for one alone...Evil refuses to admit this.  They believe they can increase their own strength until they are gods.  It is impossible. All are bound by their own limits.  Evil's strength is limited to these boundaries.

(page 14-15)

-Evil and Weakness

Evil lacks compassion...a lack of compassion means a lack of strength, and, thus, weakness.  The compassionate are able to boost one another to endless possibilities.  Through compassion and unity, good has strength far greater than evil, and can overcome it.

(page 16)

Compassion...

Unity...

Strength...

(page 17)

That is the true strength of compassion.

Nessa Eledhwen

(the end)

So, what did you guys think? Of course, this is all my character's opinion...evil characters have all the freedom in the world to disagree, I just want to know how you guys think it is.  I may even write more books on the other virtues if someone hasn't already done something similar, and, who knows, maybe I'll even create a anti-evil guild centered around the virtues? Probably not, but one can dream...

Valius

If you'd like to make a copy of the book in game, then it can be added to the University library. Probably the first to be added as well!

Also, if any scribes could make copies of the books on the pedestals, we can get those added.

Janzabo

That would be cool, just tell me when and how.

Valius

Write it out into a book, and find Eowerenia in game, easy as pie :)