Broken Promises

Started by ShadowMoon, August 27, 2007, 12:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowMoon

A crumpled weathered letter blows up against your leg. You reach down and pick it up. You question rather to throw it away for it looks like a piece of trash, but your eye catches writing and the curiousity gets the best of you and you open it. You see a tear stained love letter that reads:

" My love Batlin,

I honestly dont have the heart to write this. But I am hoping it makes me feel some what better. I will try not to be cruel or vicious but I shall not promise that. The hurt I feel is unlike any other pain I have gone through in a long while. I think I would of preferred if you had killed me. I admit I did nothing. I sat on the bed and watched you pack your belongings and I did nothing, absolutely nothing. I wanted to beg you to stay. I wanted to throw myself at your feet and hang onto your leggings and beg and plead with you not to go.  I knew you would not stay even if I had. I knew you had made up your mind and that I was no longer what you needed, she was.

I am sorry I could not take care of your needs. I am sorry I did not have enough funds to support you. I am sorry I am not perfect.  I had not lied to you. I had told you the truth from the beginning. You, my love, lied through your teeth. "I will never leave you. I will stay for however long it takes. I love you." Looks like your forever was only a couple of months.

I dont even know what happened. That is what hurts the most. One minute we were loving each other and hugging and kissing and making love and the next day you inform me you are leaving. I wasnt going to beg you to stay somewhere you didnt want to be. It was apparent my arms wasnt your place anymore. I wont bore you with the details of how miserable it has been since you left. Why would you even care.

So many things I want to yell and scream. I dont know what to do to quit feeling this way. My eyes are dry, I have cried all the tears that were left. I will not let myself shed another tear for you. Please dont contact me anytime soon. I honestly dont think I can take it.

I will love you forever. I shall keep my promise.
Yours truly,
ShadowMoon"

toddp0168

So sad and painful.  My deepest condolences dear Shadowmoon.  I hope your heart does not harden over this bad experience.  I'm sure love will find you again when you are willing.

Aesa

*offers a soft shoulder for her to cry on*  So sorry hon.