Music Conservatory in Lakeshire?

Started by faeblld, July 14, 2006, 02:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faeblld

This thread is only indirectly related to roleplaying.  I'm a fairly new player, maybe 2-3 months.  I haven't had much of a chance to play recently, and I roleplay very little at the moment.  However, when I joined the shard it was my very intention to roleplay.  Roleplaying is basically storytelling.  And I'm a storyteller at heart.  I've been busy with work, sleep and the guild I run in FFXI (it has about 30 members).  When I have had the chance to play, I've basically been busy raising my character and re-learning how to play UO (It's been a few years since I've played).  Now that I feel a little more comfortable, I'd like to focus on the roleplaying aspect of the game. 

My main character's name is 'Olorithaanen'.  He's a Legendary Bard.  Except, nobody has ever heard of him lol.  He has a gift in provoking and he's an excellent storyteller.  He has a rather rich background story.  He's travelled the world over, on his own, with only a few articles of clothes, a bow and his mother's tambourine.  Now it is time for him to settle down, teach what he knows and tell some stories in song.  He'd like to open a music conservatory in Lakeshire for aspiring musicians.

It would be my 1st house placement.  Most likely a small tower.  I will gladly roleplay at all times while I'm there.. even take part in others' stories.  Possibly develop some of my own.  I spent a good deal of time in Siege Perilous (years ago) roleplaying in a large guild, interacting with other guilds and taking part in the 'bigger picture'.  I had a great time.  It was really hard at first.  When I joined the guild I was a peon.  The guild had ranks.. and I was basically a worker bee.  I had to 'harvest' lumber and other resources for the guild.  That character was also a bard.  Eventually she moved up in rank.  She took part in wars (imagine that, a bard in a war lol).. died many times.  But, her main assignment was 'Our Fair Ladie's Entertainer'.  She basically sat in the company of our guild mistress, played her lute and sang songs.

This is sort of sounding like an application for approval.  And, in a way, it is.  I'm not sure if there is a governing council, a monarch, or whatever in Lakeshire, but this is something I would like to seriously take part in and I have no idea of how this is done.

Whaddya say?  Music conservatory, yay or nay?     

Sithra

Who were you and your guild on Siege?

Damira

I say yay, and if you need help raising funds to build a beautiful one, I'm ready to empty a bit my ever-empty pockets to do so. :)

Also, one of my character might want to enlist :D

faeblld

My main character's name in Siege Perilous was Kyriinodoryn, that much I can remember, but, I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the guild.  I started playing in Siege shortly after the Renaissance release, then took up DAoC soon after the 3rd Dawn release.  It's been a few years and I've been in at least a dozen guilds, in 3 different MMOs, since then.  I can't even remember the name of the guild I was in before I started my own in FFXI.. lol.  I've had The Lost Children for about a year.

I took a peek at Lakeshire the other day and it seems rather drab.  There isn't much going on there.  Maybe that's because there are so few of us, or I just play at the wrong time.  I've considered enlisting Olorithaanen in a prosperous roleplay guild.  But, it would have to be good aligned.  A guild run roleplay city perhaps?  Any offers?  Like I said in the last post, I've basically been keeping to myself.  I really don't know much about the inner-workings of this shard.  I've read most of the posts about character development and some of the stories written, but I've never had the privilege of taking part in these stories.  Once Olorithaanen becomes a part of these stories, once he starts to meet people, I'm certain he'll have alot more to sing about.  For now, his songs are about the natural world, history and his personal experiences on the lonely road.

I'm delighted that someone is interested in the idea of having a music conservatory.  If you're an aspiring bard, he'd be more than happy to teach you what he knows. 

Reasey

A roleplaying minstrel does sound like a rather fun character to interact with. Yea, Lakeshire is a bit of a drab these days. Don't know why as often as we try to have RP contact there.

Thought if your lookin for a player ran city to join, MarketVale has some nice people to RP with, and they have their own city too thats slowly springing up from the ground themselves.

Or if your commited to a good alignment, try the Empire of Sosaria. They have a town as well somewhere.

Also there are perhaps half a dozen other guilds that I've seen around (but haven't had the pleasure of talking to). Check the Guild forum if you want an indepth look at some of the Guilds on here  ;D
Don't worry I'll put something here.

Valius

You should have had a word with me, and I could have organised a bardic night at the Dragon. There's already a stage with instruments set up for such an occassion.