the crowning.

Started by Mina, August 30, 2008, 10:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mina

Long had the memories been dormant. Laying at the distant back of the mind surrounded by a vagueness reminisent of childhood memories. Strangely, Mina could not remember much of her younger days. She had grown up in Moonglow unaware of her ancestral past. The fae were just another of the learned mages within the city perimiter. That was before the darkness came and the hoardes invaded. Before she fled into the woods and learned the ways of Nature properly.
Mina had been having some sleepless nights of late. Not having dreams or nightmares, but vague visions popping up into her head..visions of vague memories that did not seem to be hers. Something must be going on she thought. Having talked to a couple of her Queen's protectors about it, all was laughed off as reading too many of them books in the library as she was akin to doing. Fae always were happiest when learning or reading a book.
She rose out of her bed, the sun once again was shining. "i think today shall be a great day" she murmered to herself. After she washed and had eaten, striding towards her faithful pony, Destiny... There came a voice in her head.
"Mina my child, The oracle seeks you out-Go forth and find him!"

A little put out to say the least she was. "Oracle? who is an oracle? why would he be seeking me out?". She was truly baffled. She went back into the great guild hall of the Felucca Warrios to study what books she could on oracles.
After many hours searching through the library she came upon a book which tickled her interests. "I never have seen this book here before" she grined.."The origin of the Fae, this will be good reading". She read the book, puled into it by tales of woe and of war, demons and heroes and historic places. "well," she sumised, "looks like i shall be travelling into my ancestral home of wind then!". She donned her finest garments and mounted Destiny to hunt out this Oracle. Galloping towards wind, the memories of the fae passed throughout her.
She aproached the stranger with caution, he was standing there in the centre of Wind. "Dia Duit Mina. Caimara tha sibh?" he said to her. "I am well "she muttered in response, not realising she had actually spoken in ancient Fae or that they were talking in a dialect though lost from the days of peace. "you are the Oracle i have been hearing about in my head?" she asked quizingly. "Nay lass" came the reply " I am the oracle you have been hearing in your heart". He went on to explain how the past had been, the war of wind...demons and the three tribes and importantly, why he had returned. The Oracle was commanded by the gods and spoke for the gods. He had been sent to re-unite the tribes and let them once again live in glory, The days of the scattering were at an end.
"Sa'luna and Xenthril have been watching over you my child. They are pleased with you" he looked deep into Mina's eyes, so deep she could feel his gaze around her soul,smothering it. " They have a given me a special request of you." Mina was bewildered. That the gods had even considered looking down upon this horror ridden land, let alone look upon her. " What do the gods request of me Great Oracle?"
The Oracle grinned a wide sheepish grin, showing emotion for the first time in their meeting, "Lady Mina-Queen of Heroes, Leader of the Felucca Warriors. I am here to re-unite the tribes and it will be your role as governed by the gods to lead the Na'du'raos tribe, as did your ancestors of old. you are to be Na'du'raos Elder" He looked intently at Mina and continued " I have yet to find the other tribes but their elders have also been called forth to meet here".

Mina thought for all of a second, then bowed her head and accepted her new role within the Fae.
The Oracle and the new Elder wandered around Wind for a while discussing various things. Mina beconed to leave and bid farewell to the Oracle.
 As she walked out of wind into the still sunny sky, she bowed her head and nodded a greating to Lord Stroem Safai, a confused looking Fae entering Wind......

abraxys

Very nice story indeed, I cannot wait to put in the Library.  Well done indeed!
*May the stars guide you!*