Alcarin and Azreella's wedding (rped from Ort and Azreella)

Started by treyline, August 07, 2006, 03:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treyline

The news of Ort leaving had mixed emotions for Azreella. Her friend of many years had left and all before their wedding. Was this really happening?

She had come to the conclusion she was just unlucky when it came to love.

Her first love, Alcarin, had left her as well suddenly to join forces with an evil so great it turned her stomach to look that way. She had been shocked and hurt when she had heard the news.

She wandered aimlessly for weeks when the Gods told her that it was time she was to wed. Desperate she went to Ortanious with this news. Ort, listened and quietly told her that he would do this for her although, he himself had vowed never to marry. "Besides lass, ye not too ugly to look at," he chided her.

Things were going well in the days that followed. Wedding plans were set and the arrangements were made. Azreella tried to keep her thoughts away from Alcarin, however they kept pushing forward darkening her upcoming day. Ort did his best to keep her spirits high but, even he knew all could not be well in her heart.

Four days before the wedding, Azreella gets a message of Ort's leaving. Handed a parchment, she quickly ripped the ties off and read with growing fear as each word unfolded.

"Azreella, ye have a been a friend of ole for many years. The Gods having heard of what we are to do, has sent me on a journey. If I return it shall not be for many, many moons. Please forgive me, as I must not anger the Gods as well. Ye will find comfort in the fact that Alcarin's love for ye had never waned. Go find him and seek comfort.         Best Wishes Always, Ortanious"

Azreella let the parchment slip to the floor as her mind flooded with mixed emotions. Sadness at her friend's departure, fear of upsetting the Gods, and a the love for Alcarin came rushing to her at once.

Running outside to her waiting mount, she rode hard to the Meadow where everyone gathered most days. True enough, there sat Alcarin outside the bank.

Azreella no more than got the horse to stop before she was jumping off and running up to him. Words flowed from her before she could organize something understandable to them. News of Ort, her plight with the Gods, and her feelings for him stumbled in to one big mess. Alcarin looked down at and frowned a bit.

"Gah, woman be off with ye!" he exclaimed looking around nervously.

Azreella looked up at him stunned at the abrupt treatment. Stepping backwards, tears filled her eyes and she scoffed  at him.

"Ye may not still love me, but ye are not going to comfort a friend in need? He was yer friend as well!" Shaking her head, she turned and rode back to her home tears streaming down her face. Riding to the Tavern, her friends did their best to perk her spirits to no avail.

Pigeons came with messages of condolences. "News sure travelled fast," she thought to herself. Reading these she felt her spirit ease a bit but it was still as dark as the looming nightfall. Thanking Rease and Hyperion, she made her way to her house on unsteady feet.

Darkness came quickly and the sound of hoofbeats brought Azreella cautiously to her feet rousing her from her slumber. Alcarin came bursting through the door sweeping her off her feet, swinging her in the air and kissing her before she could utter a word. Still kissing her face, he told her he had left the leadership of Abraxious.

"I could not stand to see the hurt in yer eyes anymore. As ye walked off, it awoke something in me once more. Can ye ever forgive me my love?"

Azreella's eyes glistened at these words. "Oh aye, I had done so the moment ye left," she said smiling.

"I wish to marry ye this Friday. Not because the Gods ordered but, because me heart soars when ye are next to me. Will ye please do me the honor?" he said and he bowed down to kiss her hand.

"Aye, aye, my love," she exclaimed and drew him close. Looking into his eyes, she could tell the love for her was real. Sadness at he friends departure was replaced with the joy of the adventure he will have and the one she and Alcarin were about to embark upon on as well. Hugging him close to her, she sighed with the thoughts of wedding plans that had to be hastened....