Victory!

Started by Alaric McCree, August 28, 2006, 05:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric McCree

::it is with great exhilaration that he returns to his keep. His faithful had done well. He had prepared, he had created, and he had seen it in his mind's eye before the battle even began. His army of new creations would swell up and surround those who came to destroy him and his dreams. He saw them fall nearly to the last man. He laughed as his mind envisioned this. It was then that he realized something. This was a good test for his faithful. A way to show their strength not only to their opponents, but to him as well.  And so he decided, except for a few of his creations, his followers would face their foe's unaided. He had no doubt his army would win, but he wanted to let his faithful prove they were capable as well. And so he stood, challenging the followers of light to come and fight. And fight they did! They rushed in and attacked. He was somewhat surprised they had found such following, but then it shouldn't have been a suprise. After all, those who envision a world lead by those who claim to follow the light, the side of good as they see it, often flock together in large numbers. Yet today, even though they out numbered his faithful, they were not as many as he expected. And more importantly, they did not seem to follow a set plan. He was proud as he watched several of his followers show they possessed good tactics. He watched as one by one the followers of light began to fall. True, there were a few who fell on his side as well but they had earned their place with him. Even more so by the way things turned out on this day::

::he walked across the field, and marveled at the destruction. He couldn't stop it even if he wanted to, a loud malicious laugh erupted form his dry, cracked lips. He laughed so hard he had to stop walking. With some effort he slowly gained control of his mirth and with a casual wave of his hand and the utterance of a few arcane words, the bodies sank into the earth for his use should he wish to do so.::

::he walked around until he came across the ghost of Mal. The drow female who had played a key role in the major events the day before. He looked her over slowly as he spoke::

You have earned my trust and my gratitude. ::he waved his hand slightly:: Return to the living where you shall serve me still as you have already done.

::a slight smile, about all he has ever shown crossed his lips as he looked upon her living face once more. He then turned and found the ghost he most wanted to find. Ah Najaal. My High Priest. It is ironic that though you were embattled by two of the opponents it was in the end one of my own liches that slew you. ::chuckles a little to himself:: I know of your fear, you try to hide it but I can sense it. You are afraid you will end up serving me as one of them. It is true many who once wear the robes you know possess are now some of my most powerful liches, but at this time you are of much more use to me alive than as an undead. ::again that simple wave of his hand and Najaal's life essence flows back into his rapidly healing body:: Return once more to the living my servant, and continue to do as you have done. You have done well and have gained much in my eyes. Continue to do so and you may continue to wear those robes for a long time to come.

::he glances around at the remaining ghost, all that is left of those who came to stop him:: I have no use for you, you refused to serve me in life, now your bodies will serve me in death. Go, find your own way back to mortality, if you can.

Now it is time I return to my city. ::he grins as he signals his faithful to follow. again his hands move in that arcane way, a way known to control magic of great power::

Let us go home.....  :::his laughter rings out loudly for all to hear. He walks back towards Zento City, his faithful walking behind him, and to the shock of those who care to look. The bodies of all those who came to stop him and died, slowly rise up from the ground and shamble along behind him. After all, everyone will serve him eventually, even if it is only in death.... :::

Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.

Alaric McCree

(OOC note.

I would like to thank all those who have taken part in this on going story line. It has been great fun for me and I hope it has been for all of you as well. Fear not, this is not the end. I am leaving this as an open ended story. This will allow you to think up and try many different scenarios. Let your creative minds flow. I loved reading all the RP posts and look forward to reading many more. Again, I want to thank each and every one of you for all you did to enhance this story line and make it enjoyable for all involved. I will gladly entertain any ideas you may come up with to add more to the story.

Until then..... Argh...There be pirates about....

:o
Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.

Blazer

it is us who should thank you alaric...  i know i had great fun in this adventure... and my character has never seen so much character development in so short a time...  i would also like to thank Marlenus and Avael  for starting up this event which Alaric continued with. And i hope to see many more RP quests and adventures from players and staff alike... until then i'll be working on a couple of ideas i got rolling around in my head.

Reasey

((OOC: I would like to say too bad I could not make it to the battle. RP has kept me from it I'm afraid  :P. I hope though that someone took photo's of the events, adn am lookin forward to reading peoples posts on the subject ))
Don't worry I'll put something here.