Fortune Teller's Burden

Started by RavanGunnmarr, September 05, 2006, 07:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RavanGunnmarr

Lord Garath stood looking out over the hills and fields that surrounded his home.  It was a lovely morning; cool and crisp, the mists covering the land in a soft haze as the morning sunlight passed above the horizon, painting the world in soft warm hues that reminded him of times past.

The small black cat moved around outside, stalking rodents as he finished up the mug of warm broth.
"Its about time we were moving on, don't you think?"  The cat said nothing, it rarely ever did, something perhaps he liked, the silence when so many other things clambored for his attention.

For weeks now he had been travelling generally westwards, deeper into the infested lands of Britainnia, only his skills keeping him from harm.  Something was driving him this way, a metaphorical light in the darkness that would otherwise consume the land.  Often these days he could feel the vision hinting at the edges of his conscious mind, driving him onwards, waiting for the right person to come along at the proper hour to unburden him of its presence.

"Come on Bojangles, time to go" he said at last, putting his mug away safely before flicking the reins, the black cat hopping up onto the wagon beside him, even as the horses strained against the harnesses, and slowly the wagon began to move accross the land.

"Another hour or two, we will stop for some provisions.  Maybe I'll even get you some nice fish-steaks eh?" the cat purred and rubbed itself against his legs.

And so the fortune teller's wagon trundled onwards, through the early morning light, towards a destination that was never specific, and always changing.

RavanGunnmarr

"Finally the vision is done Bojangles.. now we can carry on our little trip.  I only hope that the boy is strong enough and wise enough to carry it off.. but he has friends.  I am sure they will help him.  It may well be that this friendship will make or break the lands.. fitting perhaps.  If one cannot rely on their friends in such a time of need, should the land really be saved? "  The cat said nothing, it almost never did.  Time for some sleep then.. come on, leave that rat alone, time for bed."

(I have written a copy of what went on, for those of you that wish to read)

QuoteIcemere
I have searched hard for you. It seems it was worth the effort

Gareth
*raises a brow* my fame comes before me I see

Icemere
*smiles*
Something in my dreams spurred me to find you

Gareth
come sit, ill do a tarot reading for you.
You felt driven eh? now isnt that interesting
*shuffles cards*

Icemere
It seems a hand is guiding me

Gareth
So where do you hail from good Sir?

Icemere
Drom the lands of Sosaria, but originally far, far away

Gareth
Ah such is the way.. a traveller to I am sure

Icemere
*removes helmet and shiethes his sword*

Gareth
*starts sorting out the cards, his gaze downcast upon them yet unfocused* 
Interesting.. A great deal of bravery and honour in you I think.. a need toprove yourself to others

Icemere
That there is.  A wish also to do that I wonce swore I would

Gareth
*turns over another card*
hmm?  *remains silent, waiting for the man to elaborate*

Icemere
I wished to keep all from the grasps of the darkness and not let others feel the hurt of loos that I have.

Gareth
The darkness *he sighs* it smothers the land, and will only get worse.. until nothing is left.

Icemere
*looks saddened*  I know, I must find a way

Gareth
How many nights have the nightmares kept me up.  I see what will be.. what iwll be unless the darkness is stopped. 

Icemere
I feel for you, the visions must be painful and stressful upon you

Gareth
*he shivers, almost too violently, his eyes changing to a strange shade in each eye, different in both, his voice to, when he speaks, is different*
"The forces of Lord Abraxius will not be stopped.  When once you might have weakened him, that chance is gone.  There is no way to defeat him truely in battle to stop the taint that spreads like a disease accross the land.  His followers have done well in this, and yet there is one way in which the land can be saved from further harm"
*He leans back in his seat, the gleam in his eyes bright, yet the body seeming near exhaustion*

Icemere
What way is this?

Gareth
The magic of the land will aid you, if you know how.  Trap him as he once was trapped.. stop the taint from spreading.  Place the golden rocks upon the pedistals at the appointed hour, and your wish will come true.

Icemere
Golden rocks?

Gareth
*The man's strength appears even weaker than before*
They will appear.. find them or all is lost

Icemere
Are you alright?

Gareth
*He collapses back in his chair, his eyes back to a dull exhaustion*

Icemere
*checks to see if the man is still breathing*

Gareth
I.. I think.. I need to rest

Icemere
I think you, your help is warmly welcomed.  Is there any way in which I can re-pay you?

Gareth
Help..? *glances to the cards, then realises the pressure of the vision is no longer there*
You... you were the one I was waiting for.. i didnt know it.  Use it well.. I hope it does good

Icemere
I shall, I thank you.  I must go, time is of the essence

Gareth
Yes leave me now.. sleep calls upon me.
May your ride be fruitful

Icemere
Farewell, and your journey safe

RavanGunnmarr

Lord Garath the fortune teller sat outside his caravan, the small black cat wandering around his feet.  They had got settled in again last night after moving on once more, the last place had been a bit busy he found.  People coming around in bulk, upsetting the horses, asking tedious questions and eyeing up his stew.

"Bah, youngsters these days" he muttered to the cat as he leaned back in his chair, a book in his lap. "They just dont know how to behave properly any more."

But it seemed, despite this deficiency, they had indeed managed to work quite well together, for he had had a dream, a dream in which he had seen them finding those last three pedestals.  "Ah well, perhaps there is hope for them yet.  One can only hope that they manage to get all the rocks when the time comes, because the time for their re-emergence is coming soon, isnt it Bojangles.  Yes.. yes it is."  he leans down and feeds the cat a scrap of meat and settles down to read his book.

RavanGunnmarr

((OOC:  To all those involved in the Abraxius plot, we are hoping to get the main bit of the plot over and done with this weekend, likely saturday if all goes well.  Will there be anyone who is unable to make it this weekend? 

ES members especially, please, if you can, try to be here on saturday for this event. 

There should be something there for everyone.. some PvM, maybe some PvP depending on who turns up from CoM and if they want to fight as opposed to just letting the monsters do it, and the puzzle/scavanger side for all you non-fighters out there. 

As I say, this may well be the culmination of the plot pieces, if all the main players and staff are around, so please try to make it this weekend so everyone can be involved.  If there are many of the main players who cannot make it this coming weekend, please post here, and we can delay the finale to a time that suits better and just run the puzzle this weekend.

Thanks

RavanGunnmarr

((ooc: 

I have decided to make a stand and say 5pm EST/10pm GMT/9am Kevetsa time for the start of the events since this gives everyone a chance to get online at a reasonable time.

Alaric should be around, so be prepared for a battle those of you that want to take part .. at least against the monsters.  Get those bandies made! heh.  Other than that there will be the rp scavanger hunt before all that, or during, for those that wish to take part.  Call your friends, neighbours, aunties and grannies, and get them all in SH tomorrow for it!!

Send questions on a postcard.. or alternatively PM me here in forums ))

Icemere

Quote from: RavanGunnmarr on September 16, 2006, 12:33:40 AM
((ooc: 

I have decided to make a stand and say 5pm EST/10pm GMT/9am Kevetsa time for the start of the events since this gives everyone a chance to get online at a reasonable time.

Alaric should be around, so be prepared for a battle those of you that want to take part .. at least against the monsters.  Get those bandies made! heh.  Other than that there will be the rp scavanger hunt before all that, or during, for those that wish to take part.  Call your friends, neighbours, aunties and grannies, and get them all in SH tomorrow for it!!

Send questions on a postcard.. or alternatively PM me here in forums ))

(OOC :- I cant make it... my connection has been playing up all day, it may even go before i finish this AOL said they'll sort this by monday hopefully :S... I'm really sorry all :'(... )

RavanGunnmarr

As they stood around him, having found him once more, he started to speak:

"The pedestals of light, with their golden glow, hold the key for stopping the spread of darkness accross the land.  When all the pieces are in place only the presence of the three oracles shall be able to cast away the barrier, so be sure of your timing for a second chance is unlikely to arise in your lifetime.  With the barrier in place, the dark corruption of the mighty lich and that of those he calls forth shall not be able to spread to other lands, and though one land will be lost, so others will be saved.

"The time for the re-emergance of the fabled golden rocks of stability is now upon us.  Cross the lands till you come upon the fens of the dead, for there you will find three.  Visit to, the hallowed and haunted of Britain where the next three lay hidden.  The last three are hidden by the undead in Cove. 

"Time for you is short, for the golden stones only surface for one hour at the appointed time, and that time is upon you.  Go forth now and find the golden stones lest your freedom and that of your kin be taken from you for decades to come.  Hold and keep them until the time is right.  Go now."

He remembered as they had lingered, just out of normal hearing range from his caravan, seeming forever before heading off.  It seemed such a long time ago now, such a long time before they had finally managed to work together to get the golden rocks and place them while Abraxius and his main army were in Umbra.

A smile touched his lips as he leaned down and scratched behind the ear of the small cat by his side.  "They did well, didnt they Bojangles" he said softly and the cat purred, rubbing its head against his fingertips "But its time for us to go.  They dont need us now"

Tiernan stood and with a cast of his hand the caravan and all the trappings thereof dissapeared, as did the guise of the old fortune teller, leaving him standing there, just for an instant as a glowing figure in the morning light, a great dragon at his side.  "Come Bojangles, let us depart" The huge dragon rubbed its head lightly against his shoulder and he smiled and both dissapeared as the sun crested more fully over the land, leaving it bathed in the hazy morning light and new hope.