Ventesa the Sea Nymph of Sylvan - Chronology

Started by Ventesa, September 12, 2012, 05:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ventesa

Through out the large estate Ventesa left as many lights on. Lights that would radiate for Alcarion so when  his ship came near the shores, the lights would be the beacon home. Still after a year of waiting she heard no words back from Alcarion, her husband.  Naturally to be assured nothing had happen out at sea. Ventesa traveled all ports about the lands to speak unto all healers. None of the men injured in their humble infirmary matched her husband. Finally she traveled back to Marketvale to depend on friends to alleviate, and distract her from the pain.  Rei did all he could to bring a bit of happiness to her face. Unfortunately they both knew that would only go so far. A worried heart can never mend.

She recollected that tedious day, as he swung the sailor's satchel over shoulder, and his hand touched the side of her face. There in wonderment Ventesa had procured that last good-bye kiss. Only he's footsteps walking out the door communicated this voyage was for duty. Frozen in the spot and unable to articulate a voiced opinion to cease him from leaving her.  Only when that front door closed did she awaken from shock. Running across the living room floor with padded bare feet. She halted at the big bay window to see him enter the company ship. Ventesa's palms pressed to the glass. Forehead followed the same suit to share with him when looking back her sobbing tears.

Again, that heart wrenched memory haunted her until it drove her mad. A madness that stricken her to sell their entire estate. Everything and anything to purchase a boat filled with suitable sailors.  They would go on a vigorous journey to recover him dead or alive.  To all who she held dear in Marketvale --Rei, Resse, Biki, Kalador, Ardin, to name a few. Each one was given a personal good-bye. Rei though voiced to her before leaving to give up this painful quest.

"I can't Rei. I need answers or I'll never move on in life. You understand?" She confessed. Rei himself at that time had difficulties in his own life. Trials and tribulations that plagued marketvale for personal reasons.  So in truth, Ventesa found this decision the right one. 

Five years later ....

Alcarion had been pronounced dead. Ventesa discovered only his ship went down. There were small numbers who survived, but none she interviewed professed seeing Alcarion go under or survive.  It was a stressful decision to accept him being dead.  Ah, fate had better new's for the fair Elven sea-nymph.

Off in the horizon a pigeon worked hard to find a perch on the ship. One of the sailor held the pigeon while another one liberated the message from it's leg. Carefully the sailor holding the message regarded to whom it was for. He moved across the wooden plank boards to Ventesa's cabin. Offering first hand the elusive message belonging to her.  Curiously her eloquent fingers unraveled the small fragile parchment damaged from weather. The ink slightly bleeding into the parchment, gave her slight problems at first, but her skillful eyes quickly deciphered the ledger to be Rei.

"Return Ventesa." She whispered it. "Yes --it is time Rei. "

Leaving the ships cabin she made haste to inform the crew they were going home. You could imagine their rejoicing to be able to enjoy their homes. Enjoy being on land to handle their properties. Others seeking to reunite with their families, and perhaps new born children?  Ventesa had acquired them selfishly to Band-Aid her broken life and how bad she felt keeping them from their own lives. 

Magencia this day....

Day her ship pulled into Magencia port felt awkward. A million questions drilling inside her mind. She returned home in poverty.  That madness to locate Alcarion had bankrupt her. Especially paying each and every man for their loyalties over five years at sea.  Now all she had was the cloths on her back.  Regardless to having no money the true wealth she had being back home was friends.

Yes, friends greeted her all when entering into the Magencia meadow.  Instantly all the memories of the past spent in this meadow fueled for a new future. Could she have a new future? Cypress, a glorious entity that came to mingle with her.  How mighty he stood in clothing material only the goddesses in their utopia could have weave?  These lands always had been blessed with strong spirits, gods, entities --she still did not know how to dub them - but he clarified it by using his first name. A honor....no a privilege..she would use when permitted.

Afterwards she spent time with Rei and Ardin touring around the old Marketvale grounds. Things had changed greatly in her observations. Needless to say she had high hopes things would electrify this place. A place that had not only the heart within its people, but its entire lands had pulsating heart too.  A stranger proved this too named Lucian. He offered a personal gift he once used in his beginning years.  That took a lot of heart to give up something so personable?

Yes....she felt home...

Ventesa

A feather pen became abducted from the ink well. The tip tapped twice on the edge of the ink well to let any access drip back in. Ventesa did a brief inspect over the clean pristine parchment recently purchased from Magencia provisioner.  A long moment she paused to stare and concentrate. She knew there was an anxiousness to say something because her right hand twitched for it. Yearned to begin even though she wasn't. Closing her eyes she focused on the laboring in her breaths. To feel that instinct for heart and mind to join before initiating her thoughts.

I have come home. Things have changed considerably in my surroundings. No, it does not make me sad over these changes. Infact I look into the oddity of it for inspirations. Liberations from an oppressed mind.  I have found purpose again. I feel it like never before beckoning me to reach out and inspire.

My first act was sending a letter out to my sister. A young frail maiden that will find great joy learning about these new lands to her. Our home in Valencia was immaculate world of decadency. Our time on the King and Queens court allowed us to be culturally educated.  When I was given the opportunity to take a voyage over sea's to pilgrimage to the lands of Sylvan. To become an ambassador to all who migrate from that old world to the new world. I had for some time failed in that task. I allowed my marital mourning heart to deplete my ambitions. In retrospect, I'm healed from the loss of my husband (possible) death and I can move on.

I have also taken liberties to summon others who have recently arrived too.  We've sought out a decent size plot of land to begin building our dream.  Working in hard labor that my once courtly hands are not use to. I can imagine reaching out now to acquire a noble kiss to the knuckles and the gallant man of court notices the calluses underneath - 'tis a bemusing thought.  Overall, this land is being prepared for a strong community I hope to maintain great pride for all who participate.

Now funds is the other matter.  Learning skills has conditioned me for that long road ahead. I felt upon my return I would be the only one working hard to reach a goal.  My friends and family are now becoming more active seeing the dream. A dream that has spread to the most unlikely race.  A deamon to say the least named Sid.  It pleases me that he's found enjoyment in this dream too. To work along side someone over seeing the basic necessities to keep the foundations to a dream stable. I enjoyed seeing his smile. A sense of pride participating --that to me is more worth then gold.

So far I can say in recent days a lot has happened. So much to share. Though tonight I must send forth a letter back to Valencia to state how wonderful this providence is.  Incase they send someone from the courts to inspect before others pilgrimage over. I want it to be perfect. I want to see how gorgeous a new home will provide to all their desires, as it has been to mine.

Ventesa leaned back away from the parchment. Viewing the words one last time with a satisfaction in its content. Then she sprinkled powder over the parchment to help dry up the ink quicker before placing it in a secure lore book as a journal entry.