MarketVale

Started by Fangedwolf, June 23, 2006, 10:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fangedwolf

This is the thread used for discussion on the newfound city of MarketVale.

http://www.marketintheround.com

(Please note that this link is to the Mytho's of MarketVale, and not the actual Guild website. I'm simply re-creating the town for UO and creating a new set of Mytho's for the Webmaster)

What is MarketVale?

MarketVale is simply a town, first and foremost. It sits upon the northermost road between Yew and Minoc, and NorthEast of the Swamp past Britain. It's a neutral place where characters with different abilities and crafts come to settle and live. It is a non-partisan Town that prefers neutrality to conflict (rarely getting involved with good and evil).

Who can join?

Normally, the only people who are allowed to join are the Citizens of MarketVale. After all, to be a part of the Citizenship you must live within the town itself.

However, lately this rule has been a tad laxed thanks to several members that are living in the town, but not a part of the Guild. Simply moving your homes to within the borders of MarketVale will allow you to be a part of it, despite being a part of different Guilds. As long as you declare that you live within MarketVale and its area will grant you some of the same benefits as if being a member of the Guild.

What are the Member benefits?

There are tons of benefits to being involved within the Citizenship, and some without being a Member. Benefits include;

Being a Member:

[li]Financial Aid for Moving*
[/li]
[li] Financial Aid for Building
[/li]
[li] Financial Aid for Decorating
[/li]
[li] Financial Aid for Yard
[/li]
[li] Discounts at various merchant stores (Including the Pretarian Inn & Tavern)
[/li]
[li] Free inclusion to most events
[/li]
Being a Non-Member:
[li] Financial Aid for Decorating[/li]
[li] Financial Aid for Yards[/li]
[li]Free Inclusion to most events [/li]

What do we need?

We still have a long way to go before the town is complete, and we still need a lot of other people with various specializations to move in.

Things we need:

• A shipyard & Docks for Sailors/Pirates
  • Stablemaster and Livery
  • Tailor
  • Carpenter
  • Barracks
  • Church
  • Militia (for those that DO declare war)
  • Blacksmith
  • Library
  • & other various crafts

What about Roleplaying Rules?

Its kind of a given as to what the rules would be governing Roleplaying within the Guild. Like Sylvan Dreams we encourage RP, but do not enforce it. However, we do ask that when in public, to Roleplay their given character. When in a party chat, guild chat, world chat, or just hodge podgin around with friends, OOC chat is fine.

Who to contact?
Contact a member with the <CMV> in their name, or look for the Half Elven bartender Rease Hunter. He's a little hard to understand, but he see's to the everyday affair of the town and keeps pumping in money to keep it growing.

Happy hunting! and hope you decide to move into our lovely neighborhood!

Shakka

Thank you, Fangedwolf, for posting that  :)

Fangedwolf

Your very welcome, I only wish I could have saved more of what was on the forums generally.

Reasey

Allright. Here we go with an announcement on what is happening so far with MarketVale.

*ahem*

Construction of the Roads

Yes, you heard me right. I think with 13 members (minus 3 or 4 for Multiple characters) we qualify as a guild town. As such, I will be planning major road construction to give it more of a developed area feel, and to make it appear as if it really is a town. This will take me some time to finish even getting an idea of where the roads will go, so because of this I am giving everyone currently living within the town 1 week to finish putting on plots and yards for their homes. so as to insure that they are not in the way in the middle of planning.
Don't worry I'll put something here.

Reasey

Here is an update on the construction of MarketVale.

Construction of Roads

We have finally gotten in a few of our main roads built in, and they are looking good so far (Thanks Freyr). Costed a pretty penny too. A total of about 650k went into it so far. We even nicknamed a couple of them, and have gotten donations from several other members of the town to further build the roads. Construction on the last bits of pavement start Sunday, July 16th.

Recruitment

MarketVale has officially started a Militiary unit of the town. Headed by Stroem Safai and Tawny Kindrell as Second in Command under Orders of Rease Hunter, it is a second branch of like minded fighters who's main purpose is to protect the Citizens of MarketVale during warfare, and secondary purpose is to aid Allies in time of struggle. Unlike the Citizenship however, there are ranks and formalities in the Militia, and advancement usually are at the head of Rease Hunter after the aspiring warrior attains a certain level of skill and respect (as well as some fun Player ran Quests as a sort of "initiation" into the rank).

So we are asking all warriors with no craft who are looking for a town to live in, and with skill in blade and magic to join up and help protect MarketVale. If not for the reason of having a sense of duty and something worth fighting for, then for the benefits of joining the Militia.

Benefits include:

~Discount on Armour/Weapons/Reagents/Bandages/Food/Drink.
~Free Drink and Food from the Pretarian Tavern
~Free Vendor Space in the Pretarian Merchantile, or Free Vendor Space in the MarketVale Fortress.
~Instant Invites for Hunts and events.
~A chance to live as a hero in times of the Abraxius Wars.

Benefits are endless!

Current Goals

~Finish Construction of the Roads
~Beg Staff to be allowed to name Roads with road signs
~Beg staff for a bunch of other things

treyline

I love my new family *smiles*

Ortanius

Just a lil update... MarketVale now has a small Druid army, which is part of the militia but also has some self rule (feel free to correct me hehe)

We have three rankings so far:
First Order Druid
Second Order Druid
Third Order Druid

Join now! *grins*

Reasey

Yes. I urge every Warrior and Mage, or any fighter with the abilities to kill within the world to come to the defense of MarketVale and its cause.

Like Ortanius has stated, we have a full fledge Druid section with its own ranks and leaders.

However, despite being under direct order of Rease Hunter, the Militia runs itself under the Order and Organization of Stroem Safai. However, considering that we have not heard from him within the last month and a half, leadership will soon have to fall to Tawny Kindrell to take charge and gather the resources, weapons, armour, and other such things needed to run it if she's to assume the responsiblity of being the one to lead people into a battle and organize the branch of MarketVale.

However, Organization falls within 4 different catagories, depending upon skill and ability.

Fighters: These are the typical warriors of the realm who excell at Melee or Archery above all else, and whos only concern is maximizing their allready potent fighting abilities.

Mages: These are the magic weilders who excell in the weapon of the mind. Be it Magery or Necromancy, or any other form of magic thats used to subdue an opponent.

Paladins: Warriors of virtues. The epitome of Knight and Chivalry who use the Chivalry skill to enchance their abilities.

Druids: Warriors who use Nature as their weapon, and the animals of the world to aid in their cause.

However, keep in mind that most, if not all, of the normal Citizenry of MarketVale has some form of weapon skill at hand, but are not subject to the orders or directions of any leaders within the Militia. 

(Plus, the Militia is a fun way to RP an actual army while living and protecting a town)

Ranks coming soon.

Felix

I am at work right now, so otherwise i'd ask this in game but, I would like to join MarketVale and move into the town, but i do not have the funds yet, but im getting there.

oh and Is there room for a 15X10 in the town somewhere?

Reasey

Plenty of room still :) welcome to MarketVale!

Felix

Thank you for inviting me, i hope to do all i can to further the status, and defend Marketvale :)

Admin Acacia

Oooo, I heard Marketvale has a pest problem.  I don't know if I'd want a house there.

Never be less than your dreams.

Shakka

It's not too bad of a pest problem, Dart only comes around every other day or so.

Felix

The Militia exterminated the super rats!

Reasey

Aye, an Rease hasta go out every couple of hours to make sure they aint gettin into his precious Hops.