general prices

Started by Eldarace, July 22, 2006, 10:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodwild

Excellent idea ! It gives us a base to work with.

Loco Moco

Val i believe should be 85k

Valeria

I think Val should be somewhere closer to the rest of the ingots price wise.  It takes the same ammount of energy for us to mine either val or bronze.

Cearbhalyn

hehe Did you realize that in the RL if crafters did this, it would be illegal :)
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.

Tuor

Valorite is the real world equivalent of oil it seems... *sighs*

Cearbhalyn

well, you could say it lubes the wheels of fighters efforts, so I guess that it would be an apt application of similarity. :) cept the prices dont fluctuate based on the stock market, but direct sales :).
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.

Valeria

This actually isnt to make us more money on valorite it is to bring a standard, a standard that will hopefully shape our market.

Cearbhalyn

Bringing the standard is the part I was talking about being illegal :).... Its creating a monopoly, and manipulating the market ;). However this isnt RL, so It doesnt matter. I was just saying its something thats not fair to the consumer, since it sets what s/he is going to have to buy something for. Market flucuations help consumers as much as they hurt them and allow for a better deal at times.
On something like Valorite, any price is pure profit, so there is no standard except what you guys are trying to put together. It doesnt take any more effort to mine then iron, its just rarer in the ground. However, some of you have rune books with multiple spots so you can get a pretty good amount with little effort. The only thing you have spent is the initial time to find the veins, and really that paid back in a short amount of time. If you feel that the price should be "x" and others charge more you will get more business, however, with the market the way it is. the person that wants to charge "x+x" will still get the business becuase the stuff is so rare. SO unless you can get every possible seller of Valorite to agree to your pricing it wont matter that much. Also, some of you may have it easier then others to mine the Valorite, you have been here longer have better equipment and capability. Thus it may not mean as much to you as it does to someone with less time on shard. there are lots of factors that "should" effect the price and mean that any artificial pricing scheme will only help some, and will hurt others.

Anyway .... Laissez-Faire... We shall see how it all works out :)

Loco Moco

i thought we were just trying to set a standard. i said one 85k. Which is 15k cheaper than how much everyone else normally sells for

not to mention. i used to sell my val at 50k per 1k. Soon i heard ppl were just selling my val for more expensive prices and so i rose my prices

Kevetsa

Quote from: Cearbhalyn on August 13, 2006, 09:34:47 PM
Bringing the standard is the part I was talking about being illegal :)....

Ha, go the economics. True, collaboration/tacit agreements are illegal, but I guess we can make exceptions. The day the valorite miners agree for 600k an ingot, we complain.

Bring on competition!!!
Give a man a fire he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire he's warm for the rest of his life.

Kevetsa Kususroth, Smitt, Drahca, Bethariel

Loco Moco

hehe *thinks how rich he would be to sell 1k val for 600k*

Valeria

I think Kevesta meant 1 ingot for 600k

Loco Moco

oh hehe then *thinks how rich he were to be to sell 1k val for 6000000k hehe

Kevetsa

Not very, as I think most of us would give up and mine our own. The only reason I don't mine is because I can get 300k in 2 or so hours of moderate hunting, compared to an overnight stint of mining fr 3k valorite.
Give a man a fire he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire he's warm for the rest of his life.

Kevetsa Kususroth, Smitt, Drahca, Bethariel

Valeria

That sounds like a good Idea, thanks Kevesta.
Everyone should take their fighter out too your favorite spawn location for a few hours and see how much gold you come up with.
We can base prices on the same ammount of time mining.
That seems like a fair way to base prices.