general prices

Started by Eldarace, July 22, 2006, 10:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Moco

aye i like that idea. I think try and go hunting in malas. because there isnt that many MOBs there. and when there are, they are very hard

Cearbhalyn

dont know guys, when I drew comparesons between fighters and crafters it drew an awful amount of flak. With most people seeming to think that a crafter shouldnt earn nearly as much as a fighter does in the same amount of time. Kinda funny you guys would want to use the same idea. Hope no one flames you on it, but since all of you are primarlly fighters maybe you can pull it off.
Have a good one.
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.

Valeria

I have some disturbing input.

I took my fighter out for an hour hiting my usual spawns lowered my grab to only grab gold.
He made 150k in an hour, quickly moving from one spawn to the next and back.

Next I took my smith out for a midnight mining excursion, and too my disbelief he managed
3026 valorite ingots in one hour, which includes the 3 trips home to drop off ore.

Using simple math calculations I have come up with 50 gold per valorite ingot.
150,000 gold devided by 3026 valorite ingots equals approx 50 gold per ingot.

It would seem the current price is double if not tripple this price.

(edited)

After much thought, deliberating whether to lower prices, If we miners lowered our prices on valorite would
people still buy it and re sell it for a profit, thus keeping the price of valorite very high.  I believe they would.
So I submit that the prices be changed on an individual basis, If you wish to change your prices feel free.
John Blacksmith

Miri

Question Valeria..
how many val spots did you hit in that time?
Did you walk between them, or recall from one to the next?
Were you exclusivly mining for valorite?

At the same time...
were you hunting creatures with a high gold drop?
Were you hunting creatures with a low gold drop from whom you would normally make your cash via sellable loot?

If you are going to do an experiment and then publish your findings, then you should have more of a control.

Remember people, different people fight in different areas, can take on higher or lesser creatures... so if I spent an hour whacking mongbats, should the valorite prices them be set to 0.000005 gp because my the end equations gave me that average?

Also remember, not everyone knows every single val spot there is to know.  Some know only a few and thus get less valorite than those who know more.

Lognarak

Quote from: Valeria on August 15, 2006, 04:30:26 PM
So I submit that the prices be changed on an individual basis, If you wish to change your prices feel free.
John Blacksmith

I agree with this.

Loco Moco

aye so do i, even though i know quiet a few val spots. Plus, who likes to go mine every moment they can get?

zziggy

What about troll leather?

Valeria

I would have to say Troll leather is the hardest to come by, therefore the highest price.

gypsy

What is the normal price for stones we mine? Havent seen it yet or I missed it. Thanks.

gypsy

No Ideas to go by with the stones hmmm?

Valeria

Stones aren't used frequently enough to put a price on them, make one up.

gypsy

Loco Moco

ive sold stone for about 5-10 gp each in bulk... so i guess anywhere from 5-15 gp each

Stroem Safai

5-15gp dont seem anough you could sell 100 of em wich took a good while to collect and only make under 2k gold :/ what about the diffrent levels of granite to such as verite and valorite these would be harder to come by due to the rarity of the ore.....

Valeria

Well since you have allready marked the locations of the ore, I don't see it as harder, all you need to do is change it on the diging device, it doesnt seem to interrupt the flow of what ever ore you are diging.  As I stated above charge what ever you feel is a good price since stone isnt sold on a regular basis to come up with a price for it.